By using the Golgi Jobs site (the “Site”), you signify your agreement to these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree with these Terms & Conditions, please do not use the Site.
If you violate these Terms & Conditions, we may terminate and/or suspend your access to this Site without notice. Without prejudice to the foregoing, we prefer to advise you of your inappropriate behaviour and to recommend any necessary corrective action.
Use of the Site
The information and services available on the Site are provided to candidates for the sole purpose of looking for employment opportunities and career information and to employers for the sole purpose of seeking to recruit staff.
You may use, print and download information from the Site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose.
You may not copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the Site.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the Site belong to us. Your use of the Site does not give you any proprietary rights in such intellectual property rights.
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and all disputes shall be decided by the English courts.
Terms & Conditions for Candidates
Job Advertisements on this Site are provided by prospective employers and are not reviewed by us. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of Job Advertisements and expect you to carry out such verifications as are sensible in the circumstances.
Golgi Jobs Site and Services, & Rules
Services and information provided on the Site by us are intended to assist in the job seeking process. We cannot guarantee their suitability or prospects of success in any particular case. You should obtain independent verification before relying on information provided on the siteSite in circumstances which may result in loss or damage.
While using the Site or Site-related services, you agree not to do any of the following without our prior written authorisation:
- Respond to a job listing on behalf of anyone other than yourself.
- Transmit any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information that is not your own accurate CV.
If you transmit any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or breach the rules set out in these Terms & Conditions in any way, we reserve the right to terminate your contract with us and deny you further access to the Site and services.
Terms and Conditions for Employers
Commencement of Services
Services will commence when payment is received and cleared.
Prices and Payments
Prices are as specified in the rate-card for this Site and are guaranteed for the period stated on the order form.
Any discounts agreed are confidential and may not be disclosed by you.
A job posted on the Site will remain live for 60 days unless you request a longer period. Any extension beyond 60 days will be charged to you as a new posting. Any jobs posted in addition to the agreed number of jobs per month will be charged at the agreed overspending rate listed on your contract.
If any Services to be used within any time period specified on the Order Form are not used within that period of time they may not be carried over into any subsequent period without our prior written consent. You will be responsible for payment for any unused Services.
All prices exclude VAT. All invoices are payable within 28 days from invoice date. Late payment will entitle us to suspend your access to the Site. Interest will be payable on late payments at the rate of 3% above National Westminster Bank plc's base rate from time to time. payments are taken online by credit card or debit card upon order.
You may terminate our services in writing as follows:.
- By no less than 1 months’ notice to expire at the end of a contract month.
- If we are in material breach of these terms and conditions and have not remedied such breach within ten days of notice specifying the breach and requiring that it be remedied.
- If we become insolvent, cease to trade or go into liquidationIf you terminate our services before the end of the contract term, you may, at our discretion, lose your discounts for the entire contract term.
We may terminate the provision of our services if:
- You are in material breach of these terms and conditions and have not remedied such breach within ten days of notice specifying the breach and requiring that it be remedied.
- You become insolvent, cease to trade or go into liquidation.
If products or services are made available on the Site, and if you wish to licence or make purchases of products or services described on the Site, you may be asked by us or the applicable merchant or service provider to supply certain information, including but not limited to credit card or other information.
You agree that all information that you provide to us or any such merchant or service provider will be accurate, complete and current.
You agree to pay all charges incurred by you or any users of your account and credit card or other payment mechanism at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. You will also be responsible for paying any applicable taxes relating to your purchases.
Moreover, you agree to review and to comply with the terms and conditions of any specific agreement, if any, that you enter into with the merchant and/or service provider in connection with the licensing or purchase of any product or service.
You agree that we may, at our discretion and without liability to you, remove from this Site any advertisement which is posted in breach of the rules set out below. We reserve the right to change the rules from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly.
The Rules are:
- No duplicating of jobs at the expense of other employers' jobs.
- No gratuitous use of keywords in job descriptions or job titles, with the intention of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views.
- Job advertisements placed on this Site must be for genuine vacancies only, and not for other products or services, either relating to or unrelated to recruitment including, but not limited to, affiliate schemes, pyramid selling schemes or any other so called 'business opportunity'.
- Job vacancies posted must be for positions within startupstart-up and SME companies in the healthcare and life sciences industries.
- No placing of contact information within a job posting that is different from or in addition to contact information provided when subscribing to the Site.
- No posting of multiple positions within a single job posting.
- URLs or email links (live or text only) are not permitted in the body copy of the job description page. All contact details must be positioned behind an ‘apply now’ button, so that response can be accurately tracked. Note, only one method of response is available from the ‘apply now’ function.
- Where possible a job should be listed for the town that will be the base of that specific job. Listing multiple locations in order to affect listing results should not be carried out.
Advertisements which appear to discriminate on grounds of sex, race or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against the advertising employer. Advertisements are accepted by us on the basis that the advertising employer confirms that any requirement or qualification which may appear to discriminate illegally is in compliance with any exemption available under the relevant legislation.
Notwithstanding this confirmation, if we believe that an advertisement may be discriminatory we may at our discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from the Site without liability to you to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid with regards to the posting or otherwise. We will inform you accordingly should this be the case.
Rights to the candidate database
Database rights and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property rights in the candidate database belong to us. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any rights in the database or its content and that your use of the database and its content is governed by these Terms & Conditions.
The candidate database is not intended to be used by recruiters (employment agencies or employment businesses).
Use of the candidate database
Upon purchasing access to the candidate database, you may:
- Use or search it for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies that you wish to fill.
- Use the information about the individuals contained in the database for the purpose of contacting them (through this job site) in relation to a specific job vacancy.
- Use the information only in connection with your own recruitment activities.
You may NOT:
- Supply, sell or licence material from the candidate database, or a copy of it, to any other person, including another member of your group of companies.
- Download the contents of the database (including through any automated - e.g. "scraping" - process).
- Contact the individuals on the database or make or allow any use of the information about those individuals, other than for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies. You must, at all times, comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all subsequent legislation and regulations.
Dealings with Candidates
You agree to deal fairly and professionally with candidates you may come into contact with either via their application or by using information from the candidate database, and you agree not to do anything which may bring the us or our Site into disrepute.
We assume no responsibility or liability for any candidates selected by you. Selection, hire or retention of any candidate is based solely on your investigation, verification and determination that the hire is suitable or your purposes.
You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought by a candidate against us arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions applicable to both Candidates and Employers
While using the Golgi site or site-related services, you agree not to do any of the following without our prior written authorisation:
- Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in the site.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using the Site and services.
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Site, or in any way modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer or disassemble any portion of the Site.
- Share passwords, login information or otherwise allow multiple users or offices to access the Site on a basis other than what was originally subscribed for.
- Delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity.
- Post any inacurateinaccurate, untimely, stale, incomplete or misleading information.
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, including a company employee or agent or a candidate.
- Resell or make available to any person any of the services on, or information obtained from, the Site, unless expressly licensed by us.
- Engage in spamming, flooding, soliciting or mass marketing via email, direct mail, telephone or otherwise to candidates or employers.
- Post or transmit:
a) Any information or content that is unlawful, threatening, fraudulent etc.
b) Any trade secret of any third party.
c) Any material, non-public information about companies without the authorisation to do so.
- Print out or otherwise copy or use any personally identifiable information about candidates for purposes other than consideration of candidates for potential employment by you.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents.
- Communicate, send or place unsolicited email, telephone calls, mailings or other contacts to posting individuals and entities.
- Use the Site for any unlawful commercial, research or information gathering purposes.
By sending or transmitting to us resources, information, ideas, notes, concepts, trademarks, service marks or other materials (including, but not limited to, job postings) (collectively, "Content"), or by posting such Content to any area of the Site, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to link to, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), adapt, create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform or otherwise use such Content in any media now known or hereafter developed [for the purposes of the service offering].
You hereby grant us permission to display your logo, trademarks and company name on the Site [and in press and other public releases or filings]. Further, by submitting Content to us, you acknowledge that you have the authority to grant such rights to us.
Please note that you retain ownership of any copyrights, trademarks and service marks in any content you submit.
We do not endorse any of our users and we cannot and do not make any representations with respect to the truth or reliability of the content they post. We reserve the right to remove any content, in whole or in part, from the Site.
Communications between us and the users of the Site are not confidential.
Registration; Use of Secure Areas and Passwords
Some areas of the Site will require you to register for an account with us.
When and if you register, you agree to:
- Provide accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form (including your e-mail address).
- Maintain and update your information (including your e-mail address) to keep it accurate, current, and complete. You acknowledge that should any information provided by you be found to be untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate this contract with you and your use of the Site.
- As part of the registration process, your user name will be your email address and you will be asked to select a password.
i. We may refuse to allow you to use a username that impersonates someone else, may be illegal, may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
ii. You will be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your password and agree not to distribute, transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third party.
iii. If more than one individual wishes to use a single password belonging to a registered user, such registered user must request permission from the us in writing, it being understood that we shall be under no obligation to approve any such request.
iv. If you are a candidate and you have reason to believe that your account with us is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password by updating your account information on the “Account Settings” page and immediately notifying us of the problem via email.
v. If you are an employer who has reason to believe that your account with us is no longer secure, you must promptly contact Customer Support via email.
vi. You are solely and entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, as well as for any activities that are conducted through your account.
Warranty Information; Disclaimer
We give no warranty that your use of the Site or services will be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site (or the servers on which it is hosted) are free of viruses or other harmful components.
You acknowledge that you are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed to access and use the Site, and for all charges related thereto.
You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the Site and any information contained therein.
You acknowledge that information on the Site may contain inaccuracies or errors and that unauthorised additions, deletions and alterations could be made by third parties to the Site. In the event that such a situation arises, please contact us with, if possible, a description of the material to be checked and the location (URL) where such material can be found on the Site, as well as information sufficient to enable us to contact you. We will try to address your concerns as soon as reasonably practicable.
The Site is only a venue allowing for the posting by employers of available job opportunities at their companies and by candidates of their own resumesCVs.
We do not evaluate or censor the job listings or other information posted to the Site. Moreover, we are not involved in the actual transaction, if any, between potential employers and candidates.
Consequently, we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the job listings posted to the Site, the truth or accuracy of such job listings, the ability of employers to hire candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings.
Because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, we cannot and do not confirm that users are who they claim to be.
We are not and cannot be involved in user-to-user transactions and cannot control the behaviour of the Site's users. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more Site users, you hereby release us (and our subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and employees) from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential, direct and indirect) of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes.
You acknowledge that there may be certain risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm and of dealing with strangers, underage persons or people acting under false pretences, associated with pursuing relationships begun on the Internet. You assume all risks related to dealing with other users with whom you have had contact through the Site.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any CV, job listing or other material you post to the Site.
We neither warrant nor guarantee that a CV or job posting will be viewed by any specific number of users, or that a CV or job listing will be viewed by any user.
We are not to be considered as an employer with respect to your use of the Site and we shall not be responsible for any employment decisions made by any user of the Site.
You acknowledge that this Site operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply candidates to employers (or vice versa). The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 (the "Regulations") seek to ensure that candidates are only proposed by employment agencies and businesses for roles for which they are properly qualified and that employers are only offered candidates who have the appropriate levels of experience, training, qualifications and authorisation for the position to be filled. Since we are only a venue and do not propose or introduce candidates to employers or vice versa, it is recommended that, if you are a candidate you undertake the steps set out in the Regulations to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are an employer, to ensure a candidate’s suitability for the role.
This contract and the Order Form constitute the entire agreement between the parties hereto pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and any and all written or oral agreements heretofore existing between the parties hereto are expressly cancelled. This contract is not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you except with prior written consent. Any heading, caption or section title contained in this contract is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to terminate the use of the Site by a user at any time.